Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Roots

When I was little, before I had more reasonable aspirations like "orthodontist" or "medical research scientist," I wanted to be a mad scientist when I grew up.  Yes, specifically a mad scientist.  I loved my microscope, but I wanted to create explosions.  I guess I figured I'd have to be mad to explode things.

Funny thing?  I ended up a lawyer... and then a face painter.  Yes, both at the same time.  And of course most recently, Eric and I have become soapers.  Yes, we run three full businesses.  In becoming a soaper, I've found that I went back to my roots... working out recipes with Eric, stirring the molten soap in the crock pots, trying to keep it from foaming all over the kitchen, ransacking cabinets to see what we can put into our latest recipe... we're mad scientists!

And you know what?  I was right when I was a kid.  It is fun!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails