Friday, October 1, 2010

I swear I don't cheat!

I've been really lucky.  Weirdly lucky.  Winning things.

Want to hear something weird, though?  Before recently, I never really won much of anything... until I won the flight to Ireland for our honeymoon.  I won that in 2008, and we got married and took our honeymoon in 2009.  We were already planning the trip to Ireland, and I won the flight from Aer Lingus by blogging wedding planning at an Irish interest website!


That was huge.  Recently, though, I've been winning lots of smaller but wonderful things.  That mosaic tray, the shirt revamping contest... and now, a bib for my nephew!  It's handmade and way too adorable.

It's from eve B designs, and she's got an Etsy shop.  So many cute bibs!  I love this girlie one:


I can't help it, I've got a thing for cupcakes.  As an aunt to nephews and no nieces, though, I chose a boy bib. And it arrived today!  Once I opened the padded packing envelope, this is what I saw:


Of course, I opened it to see the bib, but then I folded it back up to give it to my sister like this, since it's so pretty this way.  But I did open it.


And unfolded it.  Wanna know what's even better?  It's reversible!


I read the tag to see if there was any pertinent info besides the fact that Evelyn Bierlein, the brains behind eve B designs, is from Lowell, MA, and I found this:


I had no idea.  I won the bib, but I had no idea that she was donating 50% of proceeds.  So I looked up the Kent County Children's Assessment Center to see what it is.  Wow.  They help kids who've been sexually abused is what they do.  Yeah.  Even if eve B designs bibs weren't so adorable and phenomenally made - and they are! - this is a heck of a reason to buy from that shop.

Go look around.

And while you're at it, become a fan of her Facebook Page.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails