Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Handmade Holidays

I did a lot of creating this season.  A lot.  I'm tired, but still truckin' along.

I suppose I should start with Chanukah, which also happened to pretty much coincide with one nephew's birthday, so I include the birthday in this post too.

Both nephews, for Chanukah and Christmas, got these cute magnetic fishing games I made.



Eric helped too; he cut down the dowels for me to make the fishing poles!

And I knitted each one a fish like this one.

But not all the crafts were mine, and I really should back up.  First, there was one gift exchange with a group, and for my recipient, in addition to giving her my own candles, soap, and one of my washcloths, I gave her a beautiful bear ornament from Reflections, like this one.


And Kris, the shop owner, was so wonderful that she sent one for our tree too!


And no, we don't have a fake white tree, we get the real thing from the local EMS, generally.  It just doesn't show up as well on the dark green in a photo, so that's Kris' shop photo.  Here's how it looks in our house:


I also gave the same person this cool hot/cold pack in a racing fabric from Lil' Bit Sassy.  My recipient's favorite sport is NASCAR, after all.


Then in another exchange, in addition to one of our bath salts and one of our candles, I gave my recipient these incense sticks from Delightful Scents.


My office is also REALLY big on Christmas, so we had all sorts of gift exchanges.  For my boss, I got this terrific print of a watercolor painting, which I then framed for her.  It was from StartsArts.


It looks even more amazing in person, and Eric and I kind of want one for ourselves too.  The colors are so bright and vivid!

For the associate with whom I also work, I got this really pretty hanging tealight holder from Reflections.  Fall is her favorite season, so I thought it was perfect.


And for our office white elephant exchange, I got this awesome mug from River Rock Arts, and gave it with some homemade chocolates and a Dunkin Donuts gift card.


That mug is called "oversized" in the description, but believe me when I tell you it's HUGE and gorgeous, and I will own some at some point!

And to everyone in the office, I gave handmade snowman lollipops.  With 14 people in the office and three pops per person, 42 pops took me quite a while to do.  I admire chocolatiers, for sure.  But at the end, everyone got one dark chocolate, one milk chocolate, and one white chocolate pop.


For each other, Eric got me some amazing teas and other stuff, and I got him a dehydrator and some books and things.  It was a great Chanukah and Christmas all around!

Shared with:
Keeping It SimpleSumo's Sweet StuffToday's Creative BlogTip JunkieDragonfly DesignsChic on a Shoestring Decoratingsshbutton Creative Sewing Blog

6 comments:

Makin The Best Of it said...

Handmade is so much more special than anything else and you picked some wonderful gifts! Lucky people.

Finding Charm said...

What a great holiday season of giving you had. Way to go HAS!

Rose @ Walnut Acre said...

I love the magnetic fishing games!

Karen and Dakota said...

Great selection of gifts. By buying and giving Handmade you Pass it forward for all the other handmade artists.

Lil' Bit Sassy said...

Thanks for posting my heat/cold pack, Larissa! I hope your NASCAR fan liked it.

Heather Feather said...

I love that little fishing game! I'm sure my son would love that when he gets older! I'll have to remember to make one. That's amazing that you made all those gifts!
Thanks for linking up!

Related Posts with Thumbnails