Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Christmas and New Year's at Our House

The food!  I haven't told you about the food.  Eric was in charge of Christmas dinner.  So...


Gotta have eggnog!  Man, I love eggnog.


Ravioli filled with black truffle & manchego, garnished with black truffle oil & herbs de Provence.  So good!


Lamb chops coated with foie gras and encrusted with crushed almond.


And for dessert, figs with grated manchego & powdered bacon.  I nearly exploded.

Then just a week later, New Year's Eve!  We hosted this year, a smallish party but a fun one.  In addition to stuffed mushrooms, mini hot dogs, and wings, Eric had fun with his dehydrator and made a dried fruit salad.  It had granny smiths, red delicious, pears, mango, kiwi, and banana.


And I did a parmesan pasta salad.


I also baked amaretto brownies and four different kinds of cookies - langues de chat, whiskey macks, gingerbread animals, and brandy snaps.





Want any of the dessert recipes?  Lemme know.  I wouldn't be able to promise recipes from Christmas, because Eric doesn't write anything down.

3 comments:

Pam Andrews said...

Great post. It is always good to see good food. Recipes, yuumo, me me me

Larissa said...

I'll be sure to edit the post to include recipes ASAP. :)

Yankee Burrow Creations said...

ohhh, I want the figs....they look yummy. and the pasta salad...and...lol
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Related Posts with Thumbnails