Friday, January 18, 2013

More Gifts to Give

This month was my second cousin's second birthday and next month is a friend's baby shower.  So in addition to the books I bought as gifts - I just can't resist books as a child's gift! - I made this stuffed butterfly for the two-year-old.



The wings and body are fleece, with felt for the pattern on the wings and floss for the eyes and antennae.  The body is stuffed with fiberfill and the wings with batting.  I had a lot of fun designing and making it!

And for the baby shower, a rag doll bunny!


I hope they're loved for years and years!

Shared with:
Keeping It SimpleSumo's Sweet StuffToday's Creative BlogCreative Sewing BlogDragonfly DesignsSuzys Artsy Craftsy SitcomsshbuttonChic on a Shoestring Decorating

4 comments:

Unknown said...

they are adorable...and I'm sure they'll be loved for many years.
Debbi
-yankeeburrowcreations

Ruth @ atnumber29 said...

I LOVE the bunny! I'm pinning him for inspiration to attempt to make something similar. Thank you!!!
(did you make him from a pattern?)

Heather Feather said...

Oh my gosh! Those are both so cute! I'm so impressed. How big are each of them? I love the fabric you used for the bunny!
Thanks for linking up!

Kathie said...

Hello!
I found you from the Wow me Wednesday link up. I would love to have you come share your post with my readers over at Sassy Little Lady’s Show and Tell Saturday. Hope to see you there!

Kathie
http://www.sassylittlelady.com/blog/show-and-tell-saturday/show-and-tell-saturday

Related Posts with Thumbnails