Thursday, April 12, 2012

Another Great Gift Idea!

I knitted this scarf in vintage cream acrylic yarn and Vanna's Choice black acrylic yarn for a great disappearing stripe pattern that works for men or women.


The cream yarn I got at an estate sale, in brand new skeins.  The black yarn has a slightly funnier story.  My sister was doing a Winnie the Pooh latch hook rug for my nephew, and they shortchanged her on the black yarn pieces!  She didn't realize I save everything and actually have latch hook yarn from my younger days (remember Nathaniel?  His hair was old leftover latch hook yarn!)  So she went to one of the craft stores and actually bought a whole new skein of soft black yarn.  For three pieces.  Yes, really.  She cut the three pieces... and then was left with all the remaining yarn.  As a non-knitter.

So she gave it to me!  And some of it ended up in this awesome scarf that I actually really love.  It's all stockinette stitch, with ribbed ends to keep them from curling.  And I may just have to make another for myself.


Meanwhile, you can purchase this one here.

Shared with:
HOGChic on a Shoestring DecoratingSimply Sweet Home Friday Favorite

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Larissa… Look at those stitches, neatly matching and tight! Well Done!

Related Posts with Thumbnails