Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weddings? Weddings!

A friend of mine who's also a fan of the Reef Botanicals Facebook fan page, has suggested a brilliant idea!  Weddings!

I should have thought of this - Eric and I just got married in March, after all.  Had we been making our soaps and things before the wedding, we'd have used soap as wedding favors!  Think of it - each guest (or couple, if you like) gets an all-natural handmade soap in a pretty organza bag, with a tag customized with your names and wedding date.  What a nice gift!  A useful gift!  So much better than Jordan almonds!  So much less likely to be left on the table at the end of the event.

Even bettter... bridesmaids gifts!  We do gift baskets, after all.  What better way to pamper a bridesmaid and show how much you love her than to get her a pretty basket full of all-natural handmade soaps, sugar scrub, and candles?

To some extent, we could work with wedding colors too, at least with packaging, candle colors, and things of that nature.

If anyone reading this is interested, knows someone who is interested, or knows someone who should be interested, head on over to our site or point them there and write to us using the contact form.  We'd be happy to work with you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Larissa! First of all let me tell you that I can almost smell your products!!!! They look great and surely are great! Here, in Portugal, it's very common to give small products like yours as weddings favors! The last "trend" is small lip balm containors wrapped in lace! I think you'll be very successful:) I'll be following your blog ...
Hugs from Portugal,
AnaIsa

Embellished Bayou said...

Hi Larissa! Thanks for stopping by my blog & commenting on our craft booth. You asked about the towers...I believe my mom got them on Ebay. She's had them several years, though.

The Guy's Perspective said...

That is a great idea! I'll keep my ears open. Most of my friends are married though, but you never know.

I wonder if you could also start doing some of those house parties?

Like they do for makeup and adult toys?

Larissa said...

Thanks for trying to help by keeping your ears open!

And it's funny you should suggest the party thing - some of my friends were telling me I should do a party. Once we build up some more stock, I'm thinking of maybe doing one right before Valentine's Day or right before Mother's Day. Or heck, both! They seemed to want it at MY house the first time 'round, which is fine, but then I'd definitely do house parties at others' places after that. We all know I like a party!

Related Posts with Thumbnails