Friday, December 16, 2011

Swimmin' with the Mammals. And Fishes. (AKA Handmade Holidays, Part 3)

So... remember those dolphin crayons I made for the nephews for Chanukah and Christmas?  I finally made the storage bags for 'em!


I used this tutorial, without the applique since I had that awesome shark fabric.  And yes, I know dolphins are mammals and sharks are fish, but they're all sea life, right?  So it goes.  Right?  The lining and base fabric is from t-shirts.  The hardest part?  The channel for the ribbon ties.  I've gotten more proficient at bags, though.  The first one took me about an hour and a half.  The second... about half an hour!


And each bag is the perfect size for an entire set of the jumbo crayons!  I knew they would be.  


Now to get the bags done for those beanbags...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails