Wednesday, June 27, 2012

So... June's Almost Over

It's hard to believe that we're into summer & June's almost over already.

I've been keeping busy, obviously.  I'm working on another washcloth for the shop, and taking breaks to knit something for myself for the very first time, a sweater!


I've actually done a bunch more since this photo was taken; it's at about 9" now.  In 5" I'll have to start accounting for the armholes.  Yikes!  This is my first article of clothing aside from scarves.  Eric is happy I'm doing something for myself, though.  It seems I really do make everything for everyone else or the shop, not much for me.  And this is an easy way to start; it's just a sleeveless shell which will be great with jeans or even under a suit jacket.

I've also been watering the wildflowers I planted.  There's a lot of green happening & the occasional flower.  I was kind of hoping for this burst of color... besides green.  At least they seem to be healthy, which for a brown thumb like me is huge.




And we had our annual Mardi Gras in June party, at which we serve crawfish & other Louisiana-themed food.  I made two pecan pies and two dozen cupcakes.


And it was fun to watch the two-year-olds.  Our nephews (center and right) and the next door neighbors's son, also 2 (left) were completely enamoured with the fish.


That's all the fun stuff.  On the not-so-fun side, I got into a car accident that's had my car in the shop being fixed for over two weeks now, and it's driving me crazy (I'm fine, don't worry).  And we found out we have to move, so we're house hunting.  I hate moving, so I'm not looking forward to this.

So... that's been our June.  Hope yours has been all fun with none of the other stuff!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails